- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Jana optimistic over T state
Calls on people to make the public meeting slated for June 30 a success Hyderabad: Minister for Panchayat Raj K Jana Reddy exuded confidence that the...
Calls on people to make the public meeting slated for June 30 a success
Hyderabad: Minister for Panchayat Raj K Jana Reddy exuded confidence that the party high command would take a positive decision on the issue of bifurcation of the State. Talking to reporters on Wednesday, Jana Reddy said that a resolution demanding Telangana would be adopted at the public meeting on June 30 and the same would be forwarded to AICC president Sonia Gandhi, requesting her to respect the sentiments of Telangana people.
Jana Reddy said that the T Congress leaders would once again convey the aspirations of the people of Telangana to the AICC leadership through the proposed public meeting. Earlier, he released a poster calling upon the people of Telangana to attend the proposed public meeting, slated for June 30 and make it a success. He also called upon the leaders and people of Seemandhra to cooperate with the efforts of the Congress high command to bifurcate the State in an amicable manner.
Reminding that the T Congress leaders had resigned twice in the past, he said, "We have been defying the diktat of our party leadership on various issues only to achieve statehood to our region. Some of our party MPs from Telangana even staged protests inside and outside the Parliament to exert pressure on our party leadership. Now, the time has come to finalise the issue.
Hence, I request my party leadership to accord statehood to our region without further delay. I want the state to be bifurcated in an amicable atmosphere. Though the State is divided in two parts, the Telugu speaking people will remain united psychologically and emotionally." On the proposal for a special package, he said that they were demanding for separate Telangana not for packages .When asked if the T Congress leaders had sought permission of the high command to hold the public meeting, he said that no permission was required for the meeting.
He observed that the State party incharge Digvijay Singh and PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana would not be attending the meeting. The meeting would only be attended by all Congress leaders from Telangana region. Permission has been sought from police to organise the meeting, he added. Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Raja Narasimha, MP P Prabhakar, T MLAs and MLCs were also present at the poster release programme.