- Stop guessing! Use an inflation calculator for investment success
- Mulugu SP alerts people amid heavy rains due to cyclone Michaung
- Women at COP28: Meet five Indian women who are pioneering climate action in the country
- Crucial meeting on finalising clearing the name of CLP leader begins at Kharge’s residence
- Exploring the Rich Tapestry of Odissi Dance at Utsav Festival
- CM’s new convoy in place ahead of oath taking ceremony
- World Soil Day
- McAfee Study reveals Indian festive online shopping behavior and advises precautions on “too good to be true” deals
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- JC Prabhakar wants Revanth Reddy to be CM of Telangana
Time to redress problems of Dalit, BC women: Jaipal
Union Minister launches TSR Women Welfare ForumA Businessman-turned-politician Dr T Subbarami Reddy has excelled in doing social service and the...
Union Minister launches TSR Women Welfare ForumA Businessman-turned-politician Dr T Subbarami Reddy has excelled in doing social service and the 'TSR-Jaipal' relationship was of 50-year-old (from college days), said Union Minister for Science and Technology S Jaipal Reddy. Jaipal Reddy was addressing a large gathering of womenfolk after launching TSR Women Welfare Forum here on Saturday. He said unless the women are respected and honoured, no country would prosper. He regretted that the respect towards womenfolk took a back seat in the country. "The voting right was given to the women in our country in 1950 but in other countries like England since 1930 itself," he reminded. Especially women in the families of Dalits and other Backward Classes are facing many problems which should be redressed, he said and added that the credit of providing 33 per cent reservations to women goes to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi. He complimented Dr T S R for taking initiative in uplifting poor women by launching a separate Women Welfare Forum and said that he has been doing all this work because of his spiritual power. Dr T S R said that he would continue the social service to all sections of people not because of elections and he need not do all these work merely for the sake elections. "For over three decades, I have been doing service especially for Vizag as I had adopted the people of the beautiful city," he added. President of All India Mahila Congress Committee Rita Bhahuguna, State Mahila Congress president Ganga Bhavani, City Mahila Congress Committee president and Forum honorary president Pedada Ramani Kumari, Forum president M Valli Ramgopal, MLC Md Shabbir Ali, Government Whip Dronamraju Srinivas, MLAs U V Ramanamurty Raju, Panchakarla Ramesh Babu, former MLA Dr S A Rehaman, MLC Gade Srinivasulu Naidu and former mayor Pulusu Janardhana Rao spoke on the occasion. Earlier, the Union Minister presented wheel chairs and sewing machines to poor woman beneficiaries and felicitated ten woman leaders who excelled in different fields.