- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
YSRCP sees Kiran-Naidu nexus
YSR Congress Party honorary president YS Vijayamma on Monday strongly objected to the method employed in the disqualification of 15 MLAs - 9 of...
YSR Congress Party honorary president YS Vijayamma on Monday strongly objected to the method employed in the disqualification of 15 MLAs - 9 of Congress and 6 of TDP- for violating the whip of their respective parties during the no-trust motion.
Speaking to reporters before leading a rally of party MLAs from Ambedkar statue on Tank Bund to the Assembly for attending the first day of its resumed budget session, she faulted the way the MLAs were disqualified. "The whole scheme of disqualification seems to be aimed at avoiding by-elections and saving the government from further embarrassing situations," she said.Stating that Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu were in secret pact, she said, "The evidence of the pact by the two leaders was seen from Kadapa by-polls to MLCs polls to the appointment of Information Commissioners and to the support TDP extended to the UPA on the FDA bill. "
She alleged that the government has been imposing additional financial burden on people with new taxes and hiking the power and other charges only with the support of Naidu. "People are in the know of things that there is a political fixing between Naidu and Reddy just to save the Congress government ad as part of the conspiracy against YSRCP Chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy. She said that the YSRCP will question the government in the Assembly for abdicating people's welfare and its lackadaisical approach towards people's problems.