- KCR announces long pending PRC for govt employees
- Anushka Sharma refuses to be photographed by paps amid pregnancy rumours
- Fight Masters Ram-Laxman heaps praise on Ravi Teja’s ‘Tiger Nageswara Rao’
- Former TDP minister taken into custody and shifted to Guntur PS
- Passenger tries to open emergency door before flight’s take-off; FIR slapped in Karnataka
- 24, including 12 infants, die in 24 hours at Nanded hospital; MVA slams govt
- Delhi Police arrest NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz, two aides
- SC to hear pleas by AAP, Gandhis for faceless tax assessment on Oct 3
- Justice will save us from false cases: Lokesh
- PM Modi will visit Jodhpur on October 5: Shekhawat
Actress Kajol promotes children’s health
Actress Kajol is now on a social mission. Ofc late, she is busy backing Lifebuoy 'Help A Child Reach 5' quite actively.
Actress Kajol is now on a social mission. Of late, she is busy backing Lifebuoy 'Help A Child Reach 5' quite actively.
The fiesty actress believes that stars have a greater reach as far as spreading social awareness is concerned. The project is aimed at spreading habits of cleanliness like washing hands regularly and as a result, helping more children reach their fifth birthday all round the world.
The campaign took off last year in a humble village in MP called Thesgora village. Ever since Diarrhoea has dropped from 36 percent to five percent. Says Kajol, “There are so many children who die from diarrhea or pneumonia every day. That is preventable. So I have been advocating the cause of hand-washing and urging people to donate to hand-washing programmes,” she said.
The encouraging results of the campaign has motivated the Lifebuoy team to carry on with more zeal. It stressed that children can survive by developing the simple habit of hand-washing with soap."
In India, over 600,000 children under the age of five are said to die from to pneumonia and diarrhoea annually.