Actress Kajol promotes children’s health
Actress Kajol is now on a social mission. Ofc late, she is busy backing Lifebuoy 'Help A Child Reach 5' quite actively.
Actress Kajol is now on a social mission. Of late, she is busy backing Lifebuoy 'Help A Child Reach 5' quite actively.
The fiesty actress believes that stars have a greater reach as far as spreading social awareness is concerned. The project is aimed at spreading habits of cleanliness like washing hands regularly and as a result, helping more children reach their fifth birthday all round the world.
The campaign took off last year in a humble village in MP called Thesgora village. Ever since Diarrhoea has dropped from 36 percent to five percent. Says Kajol, “There are so many children who die from diarrhea or pneumonia every day. That is preventable. So I have been advocating the cause of hand-washing and urging people to donate to hand-washing programmes,” she said.
The encouraging results of the campaign has motivated the Lifebuoy team to carry on with more zeal. It stressed that children can survive by developing the simple habit of hand-washing with soap."
In India, over 600,000 children under the age of five are said to die from to pneumonia and diarrhoea annually.
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh planning to set up permanent bases in eastern India: Home Ministry
- Surat fire: Toll climbs to 22, coaching class owner held, two on the run
- This Gujarat Woman's Cow Dung-Coated Car Is An Internet Sensation
- It was unfortunate : Gujarat CM on Surat Fire accident
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti