Officials told to expedite MB works: Kothagudem MLA
Local legislator Jalagam Venkat Rao on Monday inspected Mission Bhagiratha (MB) works in the Assembly constituency and asked the officials to speed up the execution of works.
Kothagudem: Local legislator Jalagam Venkat Rao on Monday inspected Mission Bhagiratha (MB) works in the Assembly constituency and asked the officials to speed up the execution of works.
He inspected the maps related to works at Toggudem Gutta in Palvoncha mandal. Later, he inspected the sump under construction and directed the officials to ensure that drinking water supply and distribution be located at one place. He asked them to install CCTV cameras near the water tanks to monitor the water level and to augment security near the tanks.
He called for installation of more filters to filter drinking water and to increase the capacity of grills to block the debris floating on the drinking water. He called for installation of stainless steel railing around the filter bed instead of an iron railing.
Speaking to media later, the MLA said a filter bed and 145 million litre-capacity water tank was under construction at Toggudem.
“The drinking water pipeline under Mission Bhagiratha runs for a distance of 2,704 km in the district, including 325 km in the constituency. The target is to complete the Mission Bhagiratha works by December end,” the MLA said.
- Madras High Court refuses to quash charges against Dayanidhi Maran, others in telephone exchange case
- Social media firms to act against paid adverts violating Election Commission norms: IAMAI
- BJP ministers organise Holika Dahan, say it symbolises burning of evil of 'corruption of Congress, AAP'
- No deadlock in Mahagathbandhan over seats: Tejashwi
- Activist Gauri Sawant appointed as first transwoman Election Commission ambassador