Kodandaram pledges support to fasting RTC workers
TJAC Chairman Prof Kodandaram has said that the aspirations of people of the state in Telangana are not getting fulfilled.
Musheerabad: TJAC Chairman Prof Kodandaram has said that the aspirations of people of the state in Telangana are not getting fulfilled.
On Thursday, he visited the RTC relay hunger strike camp here and pledged his full support to the protesters. The protesters have been demanding resolution of the RTC workers problems and revision of their wages. Addressing the participants, he said it was painful to note that people would have to fight for their rights in the state of Telangana, which was realised as a result of many sacrifices. He demanded the state government to fulfill the demands of the RTC workers as they are just.
It was shameful on the part of the state government to test the patience of workers who have been patient enough to bear with the work burden. He called upon the RTC workers’ unions to create a common platform to resolve their problems. Reiterating the JAC support to the RTC workers, he assured them to resort to direct plan of action, if necessary. Retired employees of the RTC, RTC workers union president Babu Rajireddy and zonal secretary Sai Reddy and others were present.
- India signals to boycott China's Belt and Road Forum for 2nd time
- Commercial complex under-construction collapses
- CRPF not to celebrate Holi in the wake of Pulwama attack
- Illegal quarry-blasting triggers fire in Bellahalli garbage dump
- PM Narendra Modi should stop thinking people are fools, they see through everything: Priyanka Gandhi