ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

LB Nagar-Ameerpet Metro launch in September

LB Nagar-Ameerpet Metro launch in September
Highlights

The residents of LB Nagar are finally heaving a huge sigh of relief after the opening of the flyover at Kaminnei Hospital junction at LB Nagar but would have to wait for some more time before the LB NagarAmeerpet metro rail corridor to open

LB Nagar: The residents of LB Nagar are finally heaving a huge sigh of relief after the opening of the flyover at Kaminnei Hospital junction at LB Nagar but would have to wait for some more time before the LB Nagar-Ameerpet metro rail corridor to open.

Metro Rail officials say that it is ready and a final approval from the commissioner of Metro Rail Safety is pending. Initially, the stretch was to be opened on August 15. The MAUD minister KT Rama Rao said, “The Metro Rail facility would be extended to LB Nagar to Nagole and to Shamshabad International Airport.”

According to surveys, close to 10,000 people mostly working in Punjagutta, Gachibowli, Madhapur and beyond are living in LB Nagar and its surroundings. Mallesh, a research scholar who has a keen interest in transport sector says, “Once the LB Nagar-Ameerpet corridor opens it would help reduce traffic congestion on roads and people would also reach to offices and return home quickly.” He adds, “On an average, each person would be saving close to 30 minutes to an hour depending on his location. That means he could spend so much quality time with his family and friends.”

KTR said that only 32 to 35 per cent of the city people are using public transport system and the rest of 65 per cent using their own vehicles to travel. The minister said that coordination of departments are giving positive results in developing the city with all facilities and public transport system of adequate buses, trains, metro rails will prove handy. The minister also vowed to complete the projects of roads development, metro rail and MMTS second phase of works. Keeping in fast development on the city outskirts the officials will take up development works, he added.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top