Films should tell the world stories from India perspective: Umesh Upadhyay
Bharat, India, is the land of the original story tellers It is time we tell the world stories from our perspective using the powerful medium of films, said Sri Umesh Upadhyay, Director, Media division, Reliance Industries
“Bharat, India, is the land of the original story tellers. It is time we tell the world stories from our perspective using the powerful medium of films,” said Sri Umesh Upadhyay, Director, Media division, Reliance Industries. He was the chief guest at the 2nd edition of Kakatiya Film Festival held at Centre for Cultural Resources and Training on Dec 23, 2018 organised by Samachara Bharati Cultural Association.
Entries were called for to choose the best films for the festival and four films out of around 120 submissions were selected by jury that includes theatre personality Vinay Varma, senior journalist Usha Turaga and Rahul Bamniya. ‘Paro’ by Vijay Kumar was adjudged the Best Short Film; ‘Rupayee’ by Balasai Karthyk was chosen the second-best short film, ‘Bapa Ane Bapu’ the third and the documentary ‘Samvedana Latur’ got a special mention.
Dr Gopal Reddy, President, Samachara Bharati gave the introductory address and Ayush, General Secretary of Samachara Bharati proposed vote of thanks while jury members gave tips to the film makers. Vinay Varma, screening committee member told the young film makers to invest in reading and keep ears to the ground so that films reflect reality.
- Delhi High Court seeks ED's reply on maintainability of Vadra's plea in PMLA case
- Supreme Court seeks Election Commission reply on increasing VVPAT sample survey per assembly segment
- Pakistan will celebrate Diwali if Congress wins LS elections: Vijay Rupani
- Naveen Patnaik says no national party will receive Majority in upcoming LS polls
- BJD announces 9 assembly constituencies candidates