- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
- A bowl of yoghurt daily may help boost mental health
- Rajasthan Congress leader pens last letter as MLA, thanks critics
- HC expresses displeasure over lack of cooperation from Delhi govt on space for judicial officers
- Mastermind behind stealing & selling SUVs to northeast states arrested
- Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says Supreme Court
- Delhi HC directs CBI to submit charge sheet against Nair, Boinpally in excise policy case
Afghanistan attack: 16 policemen killed as militants stormed police checkpoints
At least 16 policemen were killed as militants stormed police checkpoints in Kandahar province of Afghanistan on Friday, an official said.
Kabul: At least 16 policemen were killed as militants stormed police checkpoints in Kandahar province of Afghanistan on Friday, an official said.
"A group of Taliban rebels attacked some security checkpoints in Miwand district, triggering a gun battle," the official told Xinhua news agency.
Kandahar, the former stronghold of Taliban militants, has been the scene of insurgency over the past several years.
Earlier, 11 people were killed in an explosion at a provincial government guest house in Kandahar city.
The UAE ambassador, another envoy and Kandahar Governor Hamayun Azizi were among those who were injured in the explosion.