- Infra sectors’ growth at 15-mth low
- Mana Yatri Hyderabad: A Community-Driven Cab App
- Q3 GDP growth picks up pace to 8.4%
- Praja Ashirwada Yatra held in Kavali constituency
- Tap water still a pipedream in villages merged with KMC
- Telangana Power Capacity Boost with NTPC New Power Unit
- Bank Holidays in March 2024: Banks in Telangana to be closed for 9 days
- 15-Year-Old Teen Raped In Haryana For 20 Days
- TDP MLA Candidate from Penukonda reviews with Jana Sena leaders
- ZP Chairman joins Congress
Death toll reaches 65 in Ethiopia landfill collapse
Ethiopian officials say the death toll has risen to 65 after Saturday\'s collapse of a mountain of garbage in a landfill just outside the capital.
ADDIS ABABA: Ethiopian officials say the death toll has risen to 65 after Saturday's collapse of a mountain of garbage in a landfill just outside the capital.
The latest toll issued on Tuesday says 45 of the dead were female. Many victims were women and children as makeshift homes inside the Koshe landfill were buried in debris.
It is not clear how the collapse occurred. Officials say they have already relocated hundreds of people from the landfill, where waste-pickers salvaged items to make a living and others found inexpensive housing.
The first funerals of victims began today.