- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
- London Indian Film Festival 2023 expands to more UK cities
- Anil Agarwal shakes up biz; to demerge five businesses of Vedanta, restructure zinc unit
- Aman Raj cards 63 to storm into third-round lead
- Age of consent: Law panel recommends amendment to POCSO Act
- Govt's gross debt rises 2.2 pc q-o-q to Rs 159.53 lakh cr in Q1
- Meta partnership: JioMart logs 7X growth in monthly orders via WhatsApp
- Rupee rises 13 paise against US dollar
Two die as car falls into farm well
Karimnagar: Two persons were killed and two others were injured when the car in which they were travelling fell into an open well at an agricultural...
Karimnagar: Two persons were killed and two others were injured when the car in which they were travelling fell into an open well at an agricultural land adjacent to the road near Srinivasanagar of Manakondur mandal in the district in the early hours of Monday. According to police, Poornachandar and Pavan died on the spot while their friends Lakshman and Sujith sustained serious injuries in the accident. The injured persons were rushed to a private hospital in Karimnagar. They were undergoing treatment and their condition was said to be critical. The victims were residents of Manakondur town and were working as teachers in a private school. They had attended a marriage party hosted by one of their colleagues on Sunday night and were returning home when the mishap occurred. The four occupants of the ill-fated car were reportedly drunk and the car was moving at high speed. The police pressed a crane into service to take out the car along with the bodies from the agricultural well. The bodies were sent to Government Hospital in Karimanagar for autopsy. The cops registered and took up investigation.