- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
10 ganja peddlers arrested in Nalgonda
Police arrested 10 ganja peddlers in the limits of Nalgonda police sub-division and seized 1.3 kg of ganja from their possession, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sudhkar told the media her eon Monday
Nalgonda: Police arrested 10 ganja peddlers in the limits of Nalgonda police sub-division and seized 1.3 kg of ganja from their possession, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sudhkar told the media her eon Monday
The arrested are T Sumander Singh, Rachan Singh, Sheik Rafi, Mohammed Mujubuddin, Balaguri Raju, Mohammed Ghouse, Ravilla Narsimha and Kallepally Kiran Kumar from Nalgonda town, Baja Shiva Kumar from Narketpally and Konda Anjamma from Nakrekal.
Producing the arrested before the media, Nalgonda DSP Sudhakar said the peddlers had brought ganja from Srikakulam district in Andhra Pradesh and Dhoolpet in Hyderabad. They used to sell it in small packets. Special police teams were constituted to arrest the peddlers, he said
Six of the arrested have criminal records against them. Kingpin of the ganja racket M Shekar Reddy is still at large, he said.
Police identified, as many as 150 ganja addicted youth in Nalgonda and surrounding areas. They would be counselled soon, he said.