- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Crops damaged in about 12,000 ha in two divisions
m venu gopal Khammam: Standing crops in about 12,000 hectares were damaged in Bhadrachalam and Palvancha revenue divisions in Khammam district due to...
m venu gopal
Khammam: Standing crops in about 12,000 hectares were damaged in Bhadrachalam and Palvancha revenue divisions in Khammam district due to recent floods in Godavari, the agriculture officials informed. After the floods had receded, the agriculture officials surveyed the villages of 14 mandals in the two divisions and prepared the lists for crop loss in various categories and the survey was completed a couple of days ago.
The crop loss in cotton was estimated at 9,908 hectares, paddy in 2,975 hectares and maize in 13 hectares, the officials said in their report. As per preliminary estimates by the officials, the crop was damaged in more areas. However, paddy crops in some villages survived though they were submerged for four days. So there were some alterations in the crop loss estimates between the preliminary estimates and the surveys, they said.
Of the 14 mandals in which crops were damaged, there was maximum loss in Kukkunur mandal. Compensation would be paid to farmers after getting sanction from the government, they added.