- BJP Rectifies Candidate List For Assam Lok Sabha Elections: Key Updates And Corrections
- Tragic House Collapse Claims Lives Of Mother And Three Daughters Amidst Heavy Rains In Jammu and Kashmir
- Work hard to bring TDP-JSP to power: TDP chief to cadre
- Yogi Adityanath-Led BJP Government In Uttar Pradesh Set To Expand Cabinet Amid Recent Electoral Victories
- Chandrababu to meet TDP candidates in Palnadu district today
- BJP Files Complaint Against Congress Leader For Allegedly Mishandling National Anthem At Kerala Rally
- BJP will have to pick Reddy nominee if it goes solo
- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
Khammam Bus Station in dilapidated condition
New Complex is the crying need Mateti Venu Gopal Khammam: The existing City Bus Station in Khammam is in dilapidated state and is inadequate...
New Complex is the crying need
Mateti Venu Gopal
Khammam: The existing City Bus Station in Khammam is in dilapidated state and is inadequate for the parking of buses and for the convenience growing population. Construction of a new bus station complex is most essential for the commuters. The present Bus Station Complex was constructed in 1978 to suit the town population then. It was planned for the passage of about 200 buses. During the 35 years, the population has increased manifold. The town has been upgraded as corporation two years ago and it has more than 3 lakh population as per 2011 census.
At present, nearly 1,300 buses pass through the Bus Station and about 40,000 passengers visit the Bus Complex on an average per day. Due to lack of adequate parking space, several drivers stop their vehicles near the entrances. Passage of buses has become a major problem while entering the bus station or going out of it. Many times, passengers run after the moving buses and become victims of accidents. The building is in dilapidated state. Parts of roof fall on waiting passengers on and off resulting in serious injuries. These problems were brought to the notice of higher officials in RTC and also to leaders. Proposals for the construction of new Bus Station Complex were sent to government and the officials were asked to identify suitable place for the construction of new Bus Station Complex. Officials identified a spacious piece of land on the premises of AP Dairy Development Corporation (APDDC) on Wyra Road and another land on Illendu Road. But the land site on Illendu Road is at a distance from main road.
Leaders, belonging to Congress, TDP and other parties and who have lands near these two sites are bringing pressure that the new Bus Station Complex be constructed near their lands so that the land value would be increased. People urge the higher officials to choose a suitable land and take up construction of new Bus Station at the earliest.