Krishna River Board key meeting at Jala Soudha today
Krishna River Management Board (KRMB) is all set to hold a key meeting at 11.30 am today to be held at Jala Soudha in Hyderabad. The meeting will be headed by Chairman of Krishna Board\'s Incharge Chairman HK Sahu.
Krishna River Management Board (KRMB) is all set to hold a key meeting at 11.30 am today to be held at Jala Soudha in Hyderabad. The meeting will be headed by Chairman of Krishna Board's Incharge Chairman HK Sahu.
Discussions will be held over 20 topics regarding the use of Telugu river basins including new projects, water consumption, telemetry arrangement, etc. While Telangana state demand is to increase water share from 33% to 50% in the year 2018-19, Andhra Pradesh demand is to consider the allocations for the water use in Telangana projects.
AP also put forth the demand for the change of Krishna Board office to Vijayawada. Further, Telangana urged for the Board to consider allocating 20 percent of drinking water to the state.
The Chief Secretary from Telangana, SK Joshi, Chief Water Resources Chief Shashi Bhushan from AP, Nagendra Rao, Venkateshwara Rao and other Irrigation Department officials will participate in the meeting.
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Debt ridden farmer kills self in Rajasthan
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting
- Narendra Modi to meet President Kovind in evening to stake claim to form new government
- Amid saffron surge, Mamata Banerjee's challenge to keep flock together ahead of Assembly polls