- AI helps detect imposters in UPSSSC examinations
- Heavy rain in Guatemala kills 32
- Rahul Gandhi to address 1st public rally in poll-bound MP on Sep 30
- Kakani Govardhan Reddy unveils wall poster carrying MSP of various agriculture products
- Technical Advisor to Defence Minister Satish Reddy joins "Green India Challenge "
- US Ambassador in India defends PoK visit of American envoy in Islamabad
- Another BRS leader to join Congress
- Bengaluru bandh: JD(S) furious over arrest of activists, is Cong govt -B-team of Tamil Nadu DMK govt? asks Kumaraswamy
- Apple may launch the iPad Mini 7 later in 2023
- KCR remembers Sacrifices of Ilamma during Telangana Armed Struggle
Hyderabad man brought back from Dubai, arrested for killing wife in May
A 33-year-old man, who fled to Dubai after allegedly killing his wife and dumping her body in a bag in May, was on Wednesday arrested after he was brought back to the city, police said.
The accused doubted his wife's fidelity and on May 19 stabbed her to death allegedly at the instigation of his mother, police said.
Hyderabad: A 33-year-old man, who fled to Dubai after allegedly killing his wife and dumping her body in a bag in May, was on Wednesday arrested after he was brought back to the city, police said.
Akber Ali Khan was brought back here with the help of the Indian Embassy and Dubai authorities and handed over to the police, a media release said.
Earlier, a lookout circular was issued against him. Khan, working in Dubai, had married the woman in 2010.
Later, Khan developed doubt about the fidelity of his wife and on May 19 stabbed her to death allegedly at the instigation of his mother, police said.
He later stuffed the body in a bag which was sealed like a parcel and dumped on the roadside.
Following the investigation, Khan's mother and three other family members were arrested on the charge of destroying evidence and helping him get a flight ticket to flee India.