- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
KTR meets Smriti Irani over Handloom Sector development in Telangana
Handloom and Textiles Minister KT Rama Rao on Tuesday met Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani in New Delhi where he explained the steps taken by Telangana government in Handloom and Power Loom
Handloom and Textiles Minister KT Rama Rao on Tuesday met Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani in New Delhi where he explained the steps taken by Telangana government in Handloom and Power Loom.
He informed that the Telangana government has introduced schemes to provide loans to the tune of 12,000 crores. Stating that there are some new handloom clusters in collaboration with the central government, KTR requested the Union Minister for the grant of another 10 clusters.
Mentioning that 8,000 looms are modernised and that new clusters will be set up in Khammam, Mahbubnagar districts, he brought to the attention of the Union Minister for the delay in the release of funds from the central government and urged for the funds to be released at the earliest.
KTR also shared that the Telangana government is making huge arrangements to modernise power looms in Nalgonda and Sircilla areas. In regard to this, Smriti Irani has assured to resolve the issues.
Good meeting the ever dynamic Textiles Minister @smritiirani Ji. Discussed pending issues in power loom upgradation/modernisation and also requested for sanction of 18 block level handloom clusters for backward districts of Telangana pic.twitter.com/hAWQdUBs2e— KTR (@KTRTRS) July 17, 2018