- Floating bridge separated for trials
- National Science Day Feb 28 State to promote scientific temperament-Boseraju
- Howlers in Agnipath INC writes to President of India to rectify
- PM Modi lays foundation of 21 Amrit Bharat Railway stations in Odisha
- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
- Govt ropes in IIT Delhi to pick locations for new industrial smart cities
- RBI fines SBI, Canara Bank for breach of rules
Struck!: Woman dies as lightning strikes in Kasganj
woman was killed in a lightning strike in Kasganj district on Monday afternoon
AGRA: A woman was killed in a lightning strike in Kasganj district on Monday afternoon.
Identified as Krishna Devi (25), the victim was cleaning utensils out in the open, on the second floor of her home when the lightning struck, killing her instantly. The incident occurred at around 2:30 pm in Chaupaya village of Amapur police jurisdiction.
Speaking to a source, S P Singh, the station house officer of Amapur, said, “The impact of the lightning was so severe that the wall of the house developed cracks and the clothes she was wearing at the time of the incident were shredded into pieces.”
The victim’s body was sent for post-mortem. She had two children, aged one and three, from her five-year-long marriage. During the incident, the kids were playing inside the home. According to district administration, the victim’s family will granted with Rs 4 lakh as compensation.