- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Honour Killing: Father slits daughter’s throat for marrying against his wish
In a suspected case of honour killing, a father slit his daughters throat with a knife in the outskirts of Hyderabad on Thursday for marrying a man who she loved
In a suspected case of honour killing, a father slit his daughter’s throat with a knife in the outskirts of Hyderabad on Thursday for marrying a man who she loved.
The deceased was identified as Jayamma who got married to Suresh, her neighbour five years ago. After the marriage, the couple left the locality and they have a two-year-old son.
However, as the couple returned to Abdullahpur to attend the ceremony of Suresh’s mother who had passed away recently, Jayamma’s father came to know of her return.
Her father Narasimha in a fit of anger slit her throat causing Jayamma’s instantaneous death.