- New AI model to predict physical & mental development in preemies
- IMD warns of cyclonic development, anticipates weather turbulence across multiple regions
- Cabinet clears Rs 11.8 lakh cr scheme for free foodgrain to poor
- Mock drill by Waltair division at Simhachalam
- California tries to fight 'tranq' threat with tougher punishment
- Security plan for Ram temple in Ayodhya to be in force from January 5
- Ahead of BJP's rally, Trinamool Congress posts 51K letters to Shah over non-release of Central funds
- UP govt to hold month-long ‘Sanskriti Utsav 2023’ from December 25
- Ex-secondary board chief gets conditional bail in Bengal school job case
- Greater autonomy to LU with UGC category 1 tag
Sand smuggling mafia worth Rs 1000 crore: BJP
BJP MLC Somu Virraju on Thursday alleged that both the ruling TDP and the Opposition YSRCP were having shares in the illegal sand quarrying and sand mafia activities
Amaravati: BJP MLC Somu Virraju on Thursday alleged that both the ruling TDP and the Opposition YSRCP were having shares in the illegal sand quarrying and sand mafia activities.
BJP legislature party leader Vishnu Kumar Raju said that though CM chandrababu Naidu hs introduced the free sand policy, massive irregularities were going on in the state.
He said that illegal sand quarrying was going on unabated and alleged that the political biggies were involved in the hike in the loading charges. Sand famia has looted the state to a tune of Rs 1000 crore, he added. Vishnu Kumar Raju said that there was a slump in the construction activities in Vizag cities due to the shortage of sand.
On the issue of the YSRCP’s boycott of the assembly sessions, Vishnu Kumar Raju said that the YSRCP MLAs should attend the assembly and raise various issues to take the government to task.