- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
Sharad Kumar wins Gold Medal at the Asian Para Games
Sharad Kumar made our country proud at the Asian Para Games by winning the gold medal in mens high jump T4263 category This is his second successive gold at the Games He criticized Arvind Kejriwalled Delhi government for lack of support
Sharad Kumar made our country proud at the Asian Para Games by winning the gold medal in men's high jump T42/63 category. This is his second successive gold at the Games. He criticized Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government for lack of support.
He said, “I’ve been trying to meet Kejriwal and other ministers to request for rewards that I deserve but there have only been delays and his ministers have no regards for their athletes who bring laurels for the country. Forget about the financial rewards, there is no word of appreciation from anyone in power,"
Recently the Haryana government awarded Rs 3 crore cash for Asian Games gold-winning wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Vonesh Phogat.
The para high jumper added that he would love to play for Haryana instead of Delhi. As the Haryana government provides with best of facilities to the athletes’ and admires their achievements. The career is secured there.
He confirmed, “I’ve written many e-mails, met them but there has been no response - it really affects our training and preparations especially when we are looking at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics,