- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
CEC asks political parties to follow Model Code of Conduct
Chief Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawath has directed all the political parties to follow the Model Code of Conduct for the forthcoming Assembly elections
Hyderabad : Chief Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawath has directed all the political parties to follow the Model Code of Conduct for the forthcoming Assembly elections.
The CEC, who arrived here along with an 11-member team on Tuesday on a three-day visit, held discussions with the representatives of all political parties at Hotel Taj Krishna. Two representatives of each political party was invited for the meeting and each party was given 10 minutes to express their views.
Rawath sought the cooperation of all political parties and directed them to ensure that the elections are held in a smooth, free and fair manner on December 7. Stating that the Model Code of Conduct was already under implementation, he asked all the parties to follow the code at all levels. He also warned of serious action against flow of illegal money and liquor.
The representatives of political parties who attended the meeting include Vinod Kumar and Srinivas Reddy (TRS); Marri Sashadhar Reddy and G. Niranjan (Congress); Asaduddin Owaisi and Syed Amin Jaferi (MIM); Ravula Chandrashekhar Rao and Gurumurthy (TDP); Indirasena Reddy and Balasubramanyam (BJP); Chada Venkata Reddy and K. Sambasiva Rao (CPI) and N. Narasimha REddy and Venkatesh (CPM).
After the meeting with representatives of nine political parties, the CEC held review meetings with Telangana CEO Rajat Kumar, Additional DGP Jithender Reddy and other officials.
The CEC and his team would have a meeting with the District Election Officers (DEOs), SPs, DIG and IGs on Tuesday to take stock of poll arrangements. On Wednesday, the CEC would have a meeting with the officials of IT and Enforcement Department. He will also have a meeting with Telangana Chief Secretary SK Joshi before returning to New Delhi.