- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
- Bengal Guv finally clears file for oath of new MLA, but bypasses Speaker
- Maha Congress: PM’s ‘urban Naxals’ jibe at Oppn came out of ‘despair’
Uttam dares KCR to spell out govt achievements
Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee TPCC president N Uttam Kumar Reddy on Sunday dared the TRS leaders, including the caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao to spell out the governments achievements during the last four years
TPCC chief is critical of Chief Minister and Minister for Municipal Administration K T Rama Rao for using unparliamentary language against their opponents
Hyderabad: Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president N Uttam Kumar Reddy on Sunday dared the TRS leaders, including the caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao to spell out the government’s achievements during the last four years.
He took exception to the criticism by the TRS over the Congress-TDP alliance and diverting the attention of people.
"People gave TRS a mandate for five years in 2014, believing that it would fulfil all the election promises.
The TRS government achieved nothing and in fact, ruined everything in the last four-and-a-half years and in an attempt to prove himself oversmart, KCR dissolved the Assembly nine months ahead of schedule.
He wrongly believed that his lies, cheating and deception would go unnoticed. But people are too smart and now they started grilling TRS leaders openly.
To divert the people’s attention, the TRS leaders, including KCR, are targeting the alliance between Congress and TDP," Uttam Kumar Reddy said, while addressing MPPs, MPTCs, Sarpanches and hundreds of other activists of Manakondur who joined the Congress party from TRS at Gandhi Bhavan.
Uttam Kumar Reddy ridiculed TRS for accusing the Congress of having alliance with Andhra parties.
"Does L Ramana of TDP belong to Andhra? Does Kondadram of TJS hail from Andhra or Telangana? Where does Chada Venkat Reddy of CPI come from? Are they all not sons of the soil? The TRS leaders should be ashamed of themselves for making such allegations," he said.
Uttam recalled that KCR had promised multiple times that he would not seek votes if all households of Telangana did not get tapped water supply. "TRS government has spent over Rs 50,000 crore in the name of Mission Bhagiratha.
But it failed to supply tapped water to all households. KCR only knew how to make a promise. But he never learned how to honour that promise," he said.
Uttam said the TRS leaders, especially KCR and his son KT Rama Rao stooped down to lowest level in making comments about their opponents. "It appears that KTR never learned the basic etiquette of public speaking, he said.