- Shah Rukh Khan reacts to Allu Arjun’s son Ayaan singing ‘Dunki’ song; offers ‘Sri Valli’ treat in return
- Rashmika Mandanna reveals reason behind her absence from ‘Animal’ post-release celebrations
- Nag Ashwin unveils time-bending epic ‘Kalki 2898 AD,’ bridging Mahabharat to the future
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Gold rates in Hyderabad slashes today, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Four dead after a bus collides with a stationary lorry in Kakinada
- Harish demands ‘appointed day’ for RTC employees as govt staff
- KTR sees Revanth’s hand in attack on scribe
- CBI notice to Kavitha, a drama to divert people’s attention: Jagga Reddy
AgriGold customers rally foiled, scores of customers arrested in Vijayawada
City police foiled an attempt made by the AgriGold scam victims from Tummalapalli kalakshetram to Dharna chowk on Thursday morning
City police foiled an attempt made by the AgriGold scam victims from Tummalapalli kalakshetram to Dharna chowk on Thursday morning.
The Agrigold victims under the auspices of AgriGold customers and welfare Association on Thursday decided to take out a rally to Dharna chowk for staging 30 hours protest beginning on Thursday morning.
Consequently, hundreds of customers and agents from different parts of the state began arriving the Railway station and bus station. The police have kept barricades on the roads and arrested scores of customers and shifted to the police stations. On the other hand, the police on Thursday morning announced that there was no permission to take out the rally and the customers can directly reach Dharna chowk to stage a dharna.
Protesting against the slow progress of the AgriGold case in the High Court and inaction of the state government to speed up the case, the welfare association decided to stage 30 hours dharna from Thursday morning. But, the permission was denied for the rally.