- Oxfam India To Offer Affected People Emotional Support And Counselling
- WFI Chief Brij Bhushan To Address Rally On June 11 In UP
- Sharwanand Weds Rakshita In A Grand Ceremony At Leela Palace In Jaipur
- NTR centenary celebrations held grandly under the direction of VB Entertainments
- Oscar Isaac wants Pedro to join ‘Spider-Verse’ as a ‘cranky, old Spider-Person’
- Prashanth Neel Biography: Personal life to present projects
- ‘Spider-Man’ actor praises SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus ‘RRR’
- Dua Lipa slams UK Government's 'small-minded' language towards Albanians
- Vicky and Sara’s Zara Hatke Zara Bachke gives relief to Bollywood after Pathaan
- YS Jagan announces ex-gratia of Rs. 10 lakh to kin of Gurumurthy died in Odisha train accident
Doctor commits suicide over dowry harassment in Hyderabad
An anesthesiologist committed suicide by overdosing pills late on Wednesday here in Alwal The police suspected that dowry harassment by inlaws ensued her to end life
An anesthesiologist committed suicide by overdosing pills late on Wednesday here in Alwal. The police suspected that dowry harassment by in-laws ensued her to end life.
According to Alwal sub-inspector Varaprasad, Jayasri and her husband Karthik got to know about each other when they were pursuing MBBS in China. The duo professed their love to parents for which they agreed to their marriage. Jayasri's family offered Rs 25 lakh cash, 45 tolas of gold, 2 kg of silver to Karthik's family as dowry during the time of marriage in 2015.
Ever since the couple returned from Honeymoon, the in-laws started harassing her for additional dowry and made casteist slurs at her as she reportedly belongs to a lower community.
Fed up with the harassment, Jayasri consumed pills and ended her life. After the in-laws found her lying unconscious, they shifted her to a private hospital where she was declared brought dead by the doctors.
Based on the complaint filed by Jaya's father Guruvaiah, the police registered a case under relevant sections of IPC.