- Khammam: TWJF members check up on tribal leader Sondi Veeraiah
- NIA seizes Canada-based terrorist’s properties
- Skill Development Corporation scam: Karumuri questions Pawan’s silence
- Vijayawada: ANU inks pact with Takshashila IAS academy
- Joint poll panel to take views of parties, Law Commission
- CID quizzes Naidu for 7 hrs
- PM Narendra Modi to flag off Hyderabad-Yesvantpur Vande Bharat Express today
- Warangal: ‘NXplorers fostering scientific temper’
- Naidu moves SC challenging HC order
- Karimnagar: Telangana movement activist Junnoju Ravinder no more
President, Vice President, Prime Minister greets nation on Diwali
President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights
New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights.
"Wishing all fellow citizens a happy and prosperous Diwali. May the festival of lights illuminate every home and every family, in our country and across our shared planet," the President said in a tweet.
Naidu in a series of tweets said that Diwali signifies the victory of good over evil.
"I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights. Diwali signifies the victory of good over evil and reaffirms our faith in the noble qualities that Lord Ram embodied.
"Also associated with Goddess Lakshmi - the harbinger of wealth, grace and prosperity - Diwali is celebrated not only in India but all over the world by the people of Indian origin. May this festival bring illumination, peace, prosperity and happiness in our lives," Naidu said.
The Prime Minister also took to Twitter and said: "Happy Diwali! May this festival bring happiness, good health and prosperity in everyone's lives. May the power of good and brightness always prevail."
Diwali is one of the biggest festivals of India which is celebrated with great enthusiasm and happiness across the country.