- Ibrahimpatnam selected for Aspirational Block Programme
- Chittoor: 71 pleas registered in Jaganannaku Chebudam
- Tirupati: Orientation programme held for newly-joined BTech students
- Tirumala: Religious fervour, gaiety mark Garuda Vahana Seva
- Vijayawada: Stress on sustainable transportation
- New Delhi: 'Stable government helped pass women's bill'
- North Hyderabad emerges as residential hub
- Rajamahendravaram: ACUB general body meeting tomorrow
- Rachapalem Chandrasekhar Reddy to receive Jashuva Sahitya Puraskaram
- Paderu : Tribals exhorted to preserve culture, traditions
Srinagar records season's coldest night
Srinagar city recorded the seasons coldest night at minus 22 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperatures throughout the Kashmir Valley dropped below the freezing point on Wednesday, the weather office said
Jammu/Srinagar: Srinagar city recorded the season's coldest night at minus 2.2 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperatures throughout the Kashmir Valley dropped below the freezing point on Wednesday, the weather office said.
"The minimum temperatures remained below the freezing point in the valley as Srinagar recorded the coldest night of the season so far at minus 2.2 degrees Celsius," an official from the Met Department said.
The night's lowest temperature was minus 5.2 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam and minus 6.6 in Gulmarg.
The official said the minimum temperatures were likely to drop further due to clear night sky during the next three to four days.
Kargil town at minus 9.0 degrees Celsius was the coldest town of Jammu and Kashmir followed by Leh at minus 8.4.
Minimum temperatures also dropped in the Jammu division on Wednesday.
Jammu city recorded 9.1 degrees Celsius, Katra 10.1, Batote 6.1, Bannihal 7.2 and Bhaderwah 4.0.