- Tirupati: Stone laid for Tribute wall at Shilparamam
- Children with mental health problems have poor mental, physical health
- ‘Devara’ shooting update: DOP Ratnavelu drops a key update on this NTR starrer
- Partial Lunar Eclipse: Tirumala temple to be closed
- Cleanliness of Vande Bharat Express taken up under ‘14 minutes miracle’
- Client-side encryption in Gmail now available
- History of Gandhi Jayanti
- Vijayawada: Tenant farmers demand ID cards
- Vijayawada: Take part in Swachhata Hi Seva voluntarily, people told
- Bing Chat Ads linked to Malware-Infested Software- Malwarebytes; How to Stay Safe
Rachakonda Police started a ‘Creche’ for woman police officers children
Rachakonda Police started We Care, a creche for children of police officers at Woman Police Station, Saroornagar on Thursday Rachakonda Police Commissioner Mahesh M Bhagwat has facilitated the staff of woman PS Saroornagar with a crche, in the presence of Professor Santa Sinha, founder of MV Foundation
Rachakonda Police started ‘We Care’, a creche for children of police officers at Woman Police Station, Saroornagar on Thursday. Rachakonda Police Commissioner Mahesh M Bhagwat has facilitated the staff of woman PS Saroornagar with a crèche, in the presence of Professor Santa Sinha, founder of MV Foundation.
Commissioner said a post which went viral on social media showing a woman constable working with her infant on the work desk has moved him. It kindled the thought of providing a creche facility to his staff mostly woman officers who find it difficult to manage and balance the duties as mother and as police officer. Particularly in the context of nuclear families and where both wife and husband work, it is extremely difficult for the parents to look after their kids. CP said the facility will be extended to zonal headquarters, then divisional headquarters and finally every PS would have such a facility.
Professor Santa Sinha has commended the thought of Rachakonda CP and emphasised that child care is to be without gender bias.
The woman PCs expressed their gratitude for arranging the facility and stated that this will help them work more efficiently. They desired that such facility be extended to all police stations.