Justices Dinesh Maheshwari, Sanjiv Khanna sworn-in as SC judges
Justices Dinesh Maheshwari and Sanjiv Khanna were swornin as Supreme Court judges on Friday
Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi administered the oath of office to justices.
New Delhi: Justices Dinesh Maheshwari and Sanjiv Khanna were sworn-in as Supreme Court judges on Friday.
Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi administered the oath of office to justices Maheshwari and Khanna during the swearing-in ceremony held in court number 1 of the apex court. The sanctioned strength of judges in the Supreme Court is 31. With the swearing-in of justices Maheshwari and Khanna, the strength has now gone up to 28.
While Justice Maheshwari was the chief justice of the Karnataka High Court, Justice Khanna was a judge in the Delhi High Court.
- Delhi court stays NBWs against Kejriwal, others in defamation complaint
- BJP contests for more seats that Congress, national party status shoots up
- Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka to campaign in UP on Wednesday
- ND Tiwari's daughter-in-law arrested for murder of son Rohit Shekhar
- Entered politics so that no woman should be tortured, says Sadhvi Pragya