- CM YS Jagan assures quality treatment to train accident victims: Gudivada Amarnath
- Mangaluru airport is now fully LED compliant
- Kavitha releases London Bonalu poster
- Odisha train crash one of the deadliest in Railways history
- AP RGUKT 2023 admission notification released, check dates here
- Odisha Train Accident: Accident Victims Meet Second Accident in West Bengal
- Odisha Train Accident: PM Expresses Grief. Calls incident as Heart Breaking
- Mumbai to Tirupati: ‘Adipurush’ music directors planning something unique for the film
- PM Meets injured and bereaved families
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip may arrive in October 2023
Congress demands probe into VVPATs seal breaking
Hyderabad Congress senior leader G Niranjan on Saturday demanded that the Election Commission, which suspended the Collector, Vikarabad on EVMs seals breaking issue, should also enquire in to the breaking of VVPATs seals and removal of VVPAT slips of Jubilee Hills Assembly Constituency on December 26th 2019 at GHMC godown at Chudibazar, Hyderabad According to the Election commission rules th
Hyderabad: Congress senior leader G. Niranjan on Saturday demanded that the Election Commission, which suspended the Collector, Vikarabad on EVMs seals breaking issue, should also enquire in to the breaking of VVPAT's seals and removal of VVPAT slips of Jubilee Hills Assembly Constituency on December 26th 2019 at GHMC godown at Chudibazar, Hyderabad.
According to the Election commission rules that EVMs and VVPATs should be kept intact for 45 days from the date of counting and if Election petition is filed it should be kept intact till the judgment by the High Court.
"The VVPATs seals were broken even before the completion of 45 days, the time limit available for the candidate to approach the Court. It is to be noted that Jubilee Hills Assembly Constituency Congress Candidate also filed Election petition in the High court. As this is the lapse on the part of Election Commission itself, it should move to the High Court with a plea to set aside the results of Vikarabad and Jubilee Hills Assembly constituencies and to order for fresh elections," demanded Nirajan.