Rahul Gandhi To Visit Chhattisgarh Today
Congress president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to arrive in Chhattisgarhs Bastar district Saturday to take part in Adivasi Krishak Adhikar Sammelan convention for tribal farmers rights
RAIPUR: Congress president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to arrive in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district Saturday to take part in "Adivasi Krishak Adhikar Sammelan'' (convention for tribal farmers' rights).
During the programme at Dhuragaon village, Mr Gandhi will distribute land documents to farmers who have been returned their lands acquired in 2008 for a Tata Steel project, an official said.
He will also distribute Forest Rights Certificates and farm loan waiver certificates.
Mr Gandhi will also dedicate projects worth Rs. 21.75 crore in Bastar division.
Fulfilling its poll promise, the Congress government in Chhattisgarh has been returning to farmers the land acquired for Tata Steel project which remained unused after the project was scrapped.
Total of 1,764.61 hectares of land of 1,707 farmers from ten villages had been acquired by the government in 2008.
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow
- Odisha governor invites Patnaik to form government after he stakes claim
- 2 held in Dabholkar murder case sent to CBI custody till Jun 1
- Swaraj seeks report over visa denial to German Padma Shri awardee
- One arrested in BJP worker murder case in Bengal