30-year-old woman and her four-year-old child burn to death due to negligence of service staff
On the 2nd of February 2018, a car blaze had claimed the lives of a 30yearold woman Neha Verma and her fouryearold son Param in Whitefield
Highlights: They were exposed to high temperature for a long period which caused the bodies to suffer and were burnt beyond any facial recognition.
BENGALURU: On the 2nd of February 2018, a car blaze had claimed the lives of a 30-year-old woman Neha Verma and her four-year-old son Param in Whitefield.
They were found dead inside the car which accidentally had caught a fire in the basement of a parking lot of an apartment in Whitefield. Rajesh Kumar who is the husband and father of the deceased lodged a police complaint alleging that, the negligence by the staff of Kalyani Motors, Kundalahalli, in servicing his wife's vehicle had caused the fire.
Police have filed a draft charge sheet, which is currently being scrutinised by senior officials of the city police before it is submitted to the court. Police have based their case on the reports of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory by concluding that the blaze was lit due to a short circuit which occurred inside the vehicle.
"In view of the observations, the car condition and burn injuries of the deceased, the FSL is of the opinion that the origin of the fire is due to short circuit in the car," reads the forensic report.
As per the forensic findings, the hand brake of the car was on. "On careful observation, it is found that the front portion of the car was burnt most. The engine, circuit box, control unit, relays, fuse box and battery were fully burnt. All window glasses were burnt," said the report.
By observing the burn injuries on the bodies it can explained that, they were exposed to high temperature for a long period which caused the bodies to suffer and were burnt beyond any facial recognition.