- Ten injured after an RTC bus overturns in Markapuram
- World Gratitude Day
- Karnataka govt proposes ten-storied building for High Court
- Fashion with a purpose!
- DGCA refutes reports of staff shortage impacting pilot licence issuance
- KTR inaugurates eurofins Group facility in Genome Valley
- Influential women unite in support of Women’s Reservation Bill
- Canada High Commission calls on Indian govt to ensure safety, security of diplomats, staff
- Have guts to discuss China but don't rake up past, says Rajnath Singh in Lok Sabha
- Ashwin vs Washington: Story behind an unexpected World Cup trial
Chinese President Reaches Ahmedabad
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived here on a three-day visit during which trade and investment are likely to top the agenda of talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Ahmedabad:Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived here on a three-day visit during which trade and investment are likely to top the agenda of talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Xi, who flew down from Colombo, became the first world leader to begin an India visit from Gujarat.A guard of honour was presented to Xi on the tarmac of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport of Ahmedabad.
Xi was accompanied by his wife Peng Liyuan and a high-level delegation.
In a first, Modi will receive the Chinese president at a hotel here after which the two sides are to ink some agreements related to the region.
In the second leg of his India sojourn, Xi flies to New Delhi.
, Modi and Xi would hold talks at Hyderabad House which would be followed by the signing of several agreements, including on infrastructure and railways, between the two sides.