Can Ram Jethmalani bail Jayalalithaa out?
DA Case: Can Ram Jethmalani Bail Jayalalithaa Out. The bail petition hearing the DA case of former Tamil Nadu chief minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa will be held today at the Karnataka High court.
The bail petition hearing the DA case of former Tamil Nadu chief minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa will be held today at the Karnataka High court. It's a known fact that a special court in Parappana Agrahara of Bangalore convicted Jaya in the illegal assets case and sentenced her to four years in jail. Ever since Tmail Nadu has been hit by immolation bids and violence. Although, legal experts are of the opinion that Jayaa's bail petition will be rejected, the AIADMK members and Amma supporters are betting on the maverick lawyer Ram Jethmalani, who will be pleading on behalf of Jaya.
This is not the first time Jethmalani has taken up such a controversial case which is wrong in the eyes of law. He's known to fight losing battles and emerge victorious. In fact he was even hired by YSR Congress party chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy when the latter was in jail in connection with a similar case. His client list includes the Crème de la Crème of society.
Take a look at some of them...
- Defence of Rajiv Gandhi's killers in Madras High Court in year 2011.
- Defence of Indira Gandhi's killers, and challenged the medical evidence (PMR) given by T D Dogra on Indira Gandhi
- Harshad Mehta's defence in stock market scam
- Ketan Parekh's defence in stock market scam
- Underworld don Haji Mastan
- Defended death sentence of Afzal Guru (Jethmalani in his interview with Rajat Sharma in August 2013 said that he never took up the case of Afzal Guru)
- L K Advani's defence in Hawala Scam
- Manu Sharma's defence in Jessica Lall murder case
- Amit Shah's (Gujarat's former Minister of State for Home) defence in Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
- Amit Jogi's defence (son of Ajit Jogi) in the case of Ramavatar Jaggi murder.
- Sanjay Chandra bail in Supreme Court in 2G Scam Kulbhushan Parashar Bail in Navy War Room Leak Case
- Kanimozhi's defence in Spectrum 2G case
- Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy's special leave petition on stay for CBI probe on money laundering in his companies.
- Yeddyurappa's case on illegal mining scam
- A. G. Perarivalan, T Suthendraraja alias Santhan and Sriharan alias Murugan – convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
- Ramdev's defence on use of force on the followers of Baba Ramdev at Ramlila grounds on 4 June 2011
- Shiv Sena's defence in CPI MLA Krishna Desai murder case.
- Asaram Bapu's defence in Jodhpur sexual assault case.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav's defence in The Supreme Court of India bail was convicted in the fodder scam case on 13 December 2013.
- Leading lawyer in famous Sahara SEBI case
- AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa who has been convicted in the disproportionate assets case, in the Karnataka High Court
Reference to cases sourced from Wiki