- Hyderabad: Confusion over polling stations leave city voters high and dry
- Hyderabad: BRS, Congress activists clash at many places
- Hyderabad: TSRTC MD Sajjanar casts his vote in Kondapur
- Over 97% of Rs 2,000 banknotes have been returned: RBI
- Hyderabad: Congress and MIM clash during polls
- UK transport union accepts pay offer to end rail strikes
- New needle-free vaccine patch to protect against Zika virus
- Hyderabad: Youth chip in with services at many polling booths in city
- JU teachers’ body sends letter to CJI seeking permanent V-C
- PL Technical Research: STOCK RADAR - IGL
SpiceJet suspends services in Surat
SpiceJet suspends services in Surat, A day after a Delhi-bound SpiceJet plane hit a stray animal on the runway a few seconds before the take-off, the airlines have complained of stray animals as a recurring problem at the Surat airport.
Surat: A day after a Delhi-bound SpiceJet plane hit a stray animal on the runway a few seconds before the take-off, the airlines have complained of stray animals as a recurring problem at the Surat airport. Owing to the repeated obstructions, the airline has decided to suspend its services at the airport for an indefinite period.
"Stray animals are a growing menace in some airports. This incident has affected our regular operations and hence SpiceJet flights from Surat will now be suspended after this incident. Suspension will be effective as soon as possible," a SpiceJet statement read.
Explaining the incident, the airline said, "One of our aircraft (flight no SG 622, a Boeing 737-800 with 140 passengers and 6 crew on board, from Surat to New Delhi) hit a buffalo on take-off roll at Surat airport on Thursday night. The buffalo was essentially invisible against a dark background.