- AAP PAC meeting to be held on February 27, likely to announce candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Sanganer Railway Station in Raj speaks story of hand block printing from 16th century, says PM Modi
- Bhavish Aggarwal launches India's AI chatbot 'Krutrim AI'
- Congress MP from Jharkhand’s Singhbhum seat, Geeta Koda joins BJP
- Zerodha CEO Nithin Kamath suffers mild stroke, on path to recovery
- PM Modi to roll out infra projects worth Rs 17,300cr in Tamil Nadu
- Rural livelihoods have seen an improvement implying success of govt policy
- PM Modi to inaugurate projects worth Rs 1,800cr in Kerala on Feb 27
- Will not let child marriages happen, says Assam CM
- Sony Pictures denies reports of acquiring stake in OTT platform Aha
Assam Governor to forest department: curb rhino poaching
Assam Governor to Forest Department: Curb Rhino Poaching. Assam Governor PB Acharya on Sunday instructed to the state forest department and authorities of Kaziranga National Park (KNP) to take stern action to curb rhino poaching incidents in the state.
Guwahati: Assam Governor PB Acharya on Sunday instructed to the state forest department and authorities of Kaziranga National Park (KNP) to take stern action to curb rhino poaching incidents in the state.
During a crucial meeting with KNP Director MK Yadav, the Governor had instructed to the forest official for giving a report of rhino poaching in the national park within 24 hours.
The Governor called the state forest minister Atuwa Munda but the minister did not attend the meeting.
Pointing to the state forest minister, the Governor said that, if you don't work you must quit.
"I had already gave instructions to the forest department and concerned forest officials to take immediate measures to curb rhino poaching incidents within short period, " the Governor PB Acharya said.
The Governor alleged that, nearby villagers of KNP also responsible for poaching incidents.
"If the villagers not cooperation and taken steps to reduce poaching incidents they would be vacated," the Assam Governor said.
Poachers had killed at least seven one horned rhinoceros including six alone in KNP in this year so far.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)