- Aman Raj bags second title of season with hard-fought win
- Inner Ring Road scam is a quid pro quo case: Minister
- AP Revenue services association state meeting today
- Indian men one win away from first-ever badminton team gold
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 01 October, 2023
- Harmanpreet hits four as India record biggest-ever win over Pak in hockey
- AP govt. to conduct Formative Assessment exams in schools from October 3
- Karthik, Gulveer finish 2-3 in men's 10,000m race
- Narasaraopet: Public urged to avail of medical services
- Vijayawada: Democracy is not just polls, but adhering to statute
Congress should apologise for 'conspiring' to defame PM, NDA: BJP
BJP on Friday said three recent court verdicts, including in a 2G case and the Sanjiv Bhatt matter, have exposed the \"conspiracy\" of Congress to defame the party, NDA and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and demanded an apology.
BJP on Friday said three recent court verdicts, including in a 2G case and the Sanjiv Bhatt matter, have exposed the "conspiracy" of Congress to defame the party, NDA and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and demanded an apology.
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said the three court verdicts that have exposed the Congress conspiracy to defame BJP, NDA and Narendra Modi included the one on the alleged coffin scam. He said over ten years back, Congress boycotted then Defence Minister George Fernandes for months in Parliament on the alleged irregularities in coffin purchases.
"Now court verdict has given clean chit for coffin purchases and said there was no scam and no irregularity", he remarked.
Second is the case of former Gujarat IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, he said, whom Congress has been using for 14 years as a "pawn in a conspiracy to defame Narendra Modi on the basis of complete falsehood."
"His false testimony has been rejected by the Supreme Court. It has made it very clear that he was not present at the meeting on February 27, 2002, an issue on which Congress had based its campaign for 14 years," Javadekar said.
"The third verdict on 2G has also exposed Congress to the hilt, because CAG and we raised the 2G scam issue, Sibal and other Congress leaders charged NDA of also doing wrong things and fabricated cases and used CBI for this purpose.
"They even framed charges against Pramod Mahajan after his death. Court verdict finally nailed Congress lie," he said.
Now Congress should apologise to Modi, the country and the courts. This is not politics but falsehood and canard. Such dirty politics will always be thrashed by courts and rejected by the people, he added.