- 'Parivarvad a threat to democracy', PM Modi attacks Oppn
- Happy Women's Day 2024: Best Messages, Quotes, Wishes, and Greetings to Share on Women’s Day
- 'Bastar' trailer highlights chilling truth behind Naxal terror
- Delhi Police moves HC against NHRC order over Tihar Jail inmate's death in court
- Two BJP workers arrested for pro-Pak slogans during 2022 protest in Karnataka
- Esports: Asian Games 2022 participant Karman Singh Tikka triumphs in FIFA 2023 in College Rivals grand finale
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy Engages with Serilingampally Community, Pledges Vision for Better Urban Living!
- Publishers seek customs duty waiver as newsprint cost shoots up
- Instagram Introduces Message Editing Feature
- Hanuman Beniwal Set To Contest General Elections As Alliance Candidate From Nagaur, Says Sources
Divisions of Assam Re-organised
The Assam government has reorganised the Divisions of Assam for administrative expediency following a Notification to this effect issued today and will come into force with immediate effect.
Guwahati: The Assam government has reorganised the Divisions of Assam for administrative expediency following a Notification to this effect issued today and will come into force with immediate effect.
In a statement, the state government said that, the North Assam Division will comprise the district of Darrang (Mangaldoi) and Udalguri of Lower Assam Division whereas the Nagaon district is excluded from North Assam Division with Head Quarter at Tezpur.
The District of Darrang (Mangaldoi) and Udalguri are excluded from Lower Assam Division with Head Quarter at Guwahati.
The Hills & Barak Valley Division is re-named as “Barak Valley Division” with the districts of Cachar, Karimgang & Hailakandi. The two district of Karbi Anglong & Dima Hasao have been excluded from this Division with Head Quarter at Nagaon.
A new division has been formed as the Central Assam Division, with the districts of Nagaon, Morigaon and two Hill districts of Karbi Anglong & Dima Hasao with Head quarter at Nagaon.
The Upper Assam Division, however will remained unchanged.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)