- PM Modi dedicates healthcare facilities in Punjab, yoga institute in Haryana
- Madonna’s ethnic wear look keeps internet on fire
- Kalki 2898AD: Team gives a strong counter to postpone rumours
- Harshiv Karthik’s suspense drama thriller ‘Bahumukham’ teaser unveiled
- ‘Geethanjali Malli Vachindi’ teaser: Tantalizing preview of exhilarating and humorous moments
- Dialogue writer Sai Madhav reveals ‘Operation Valentine’ storyline
- PM Modi inaugurates AIIMS Rajkot, throws open India's longest cable-stayed bridge in Gujarat
- Indian firms must avoid complacency as cyber incidents mount: Experts
- Give all 29 Lok Sabha seats to BJP: Amit Shah to MP voters
- 4th Test: India reach 40/0 in pursuit of 192 after Ashwin, Kuldeep, and Jurel play crucial roles in fightback
Modi calls up to congratulate Suu Kyi
As Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi’s party was poised for an impressive victory in Myanmar’s elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday called her up to congratulate her on the electoral win, a senior official said.
New Delhi: As Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi’s party was poised for an impressive victory in Myanmar’s elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday called her up to congratulate her on the electoral win, a senior official said.
"Diplomacy aboard Air India 1! PM called Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, congratulated her on her electoral victory and invited her to visit India," Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vikas Swarup tweeted.
Modi also conveyed that "India stands ready to assist in Myanmar's progress and development", he said in the tweet.
Modi made the call on his way to Britain for a three-day visit. Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy has so far secured 536 parliamentary seats in the country's general election.