- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
- TDP makes 'noise' in novel protest over Chandrababu's arrest
- India’s solar observatory Aditya-L1 escapes earth's sphere of influence
- PM Modi has steered India ahead of the world's best developed economies: Jitendra Singh
- Telangana: ACB "unearths" assets worth Rs 4.56 crore of Tahsildar
- Finance head booked for embezzling Rs 10 crore from company in Gurugram
- Apple's 3nm chip demand to drop in 2024: Report
15 including 5 foreigners arrested from Gurgaon spa for sex trade
The city police on Thursday arrested 15 people, including five foreigners, from a spa centre at sector 29 market here for their alleged involvement in sex trade.
Apart from five women from Thailand, those arrested included five women from Manipur, one from UP and 4 males, including two customers.
Gurgaon: The city police on Thursday arrested 15 people, including five foreigners, from a spa centre at sector 29 market here for their alleged involvement in sex trade.
Apart from five women from Thailand, those arrested included five women from Manipur, one from Uttar Pradesh and four males, including two customers, a police official said.
According to Gurgaon Police PRO Subhash Bokan, the arrests were made following a raid on the direction of newly appointed Police Commissioner KK Rao.
"We have registered an FIR under relevant sections of the IPC and the Foreigners Act pertaining to prostitution against the spa owner, Yudhvir Singh who is absconding. We have arrested the spa manager and his helper during the raid," Bokan said.
He said the police are verifying the visas of the foreigners to ascertain if any of them were staying here apart from working visa.
The police team also raided two nightclubs named and arrested seven people, including two women, for their alleged involvement in immoral activities, the official said.