Two men arrested for attacking cop
Two men, who allegedly fired at a police officer last week in a bid to rob him, have been arrested from near Geeta Colony flyover in Delhi, police said on Monday
New Delhi: Two men, who allegedly fired at a police officer last week in a bid to rob him, have been arrested from near Geeta Colony flyover in Delhi, police said on Monday.
The accused were identified as Arman Farhaz (30) and Mohammad Riaz (34), they said.
Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Vedi Ram, posted at the Nizamuddin Police Station, lodged a complaint on Thursday that on his way to Seelampur after completion of his duty, he was intercepted by two persons near the Golden Jubilee Park at around 11.45 pm, Deputy Commissioner of Police (north) Nupur Prasad said.
He alleged that the accused, who came on a motorcycle, asked him to hand over his belongings.
When he resisted, they shot him in the stomach and fled with his wallet and mobile phone, she said. Following a tip off, a trap was laid and the accused persons were arrested, Prasad said.
Police recovered three mobile phones and a motorcycle from their possession.
- Amid criticism by Opposition, Pranab Mukherjee hails Election Commission
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda