- Prakasam district Police rescue kidnapped man within 12 hours
- Vijayawada: Farmers stage protest in support of agitating wrestlers
- 9 years of Modi govt: Sunil Deodhar campaigns in EG dist
- 2.84 lakh farmers benefited under Rythu Bharosa: Minister Suresh
- Water released for Kharif from Cotton Barrage
- Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan greets people on State Formation Day
- KCR recalls 14-yr struggle for Telangana
- Siddipet to boast world's first 3D printed temple
- Will bolster India-Nepal ties manifold: PM Narendra Modi
- BRS no to Oppn alliance
Goggles that can see through fog
Goggles that can see through fog, For pilots who often face adverse weather conditions like fog, torrential rain, snow and dust storms, this goggles can help them take off and land with ease
London: For pilots who often face adverse weather conditions like fog, torrential rain, snow and dust storms, this goggles can help them take off and land with ease. An Israeli company Elbit Systems has developed Skylens, a system comprising wearable, wrap-around goggles.
These ‘smart’ goggles are fed video by multi-spectral cameras embedded in the plane’s nose that can see through any weather conditions. The goggles give the pilot clear images of the terrain even in bad weather.
A tiny depth-sensing camera fixed on the instrument panel tracks the pilot’s head motion.
“This gives pilots much more confidence. This is better than looking down at instruments to perform the landing as that disconnects you from the environment,” Dror Yahav, vice president of commercial aviation at Elbit Systems, was quoted as saying. Skylens is expected to hit the market in 2016, New Scientist reported