- Navigating Menopausal Changes: A Guide to Managing Urinary and Sexual Health
- Officials told to gear up for pulse polio on March 3
- NCC cadets begin adventure ride on horseback
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- 82.99% attendance recorded for APPSC Group-II exams
- Women entrepreneurs revolutionising India’s start-up scene
- AITS students make a prototype of double pedal operated auto
- Technology & personalised learning in education sector
- 5 top AR applications for Android users
- IIT Kanpur, NMTronics India to launch manufacturing & skills development centre
Students take part in competitions
Tirupati: More than 110 students from about 15 schools actively participated in the competitions held by Sri Venkateswara Zoological Park,...
Tirupati: More than 110 students from about 15 schools actively participated in the competitions held by Sri Venkateswara Zoological Park, Tirupati here on Wednesday on the occasion of the International Sparrow Day. Educational Officer of SV Zoo Mahesh said though they have invited about 30 schools in Tirupati on this occasion, only half of the schools responded. Competitions in essay writing and painting for students studying class III to VIII were held and students studying up to class V were categorized as juniors and higher class students as seniors, he said. A quiz was conducted for both categories jointly as well as for audience, he added. "The response from students and their parents is more than our expectation. We have divided students in to various groups for convenience. Their ideas were also beyond our expectations and new concepts have come from the little minds," Mahesh said. Conservator of Forests PV Chalapathi Rao, Zoo Curator Saravanan and Divisional Forest Officer Parthasarathi attended the event and presented prizes to winners.A On the eve of World Forestry Day, a general painting competion is arranged in Zoo Park on Thursday.