- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
LGBT: a human made stigma
LGBT: a Human Made Stigma.This above quote was once something people just spoke of. In the current 21stcentury of our lives we have always had this one very big question that has been supported by some and rejected by some.
“With ignorance comes fear, with fear comes a painful end”
This above quote was once something people just spoke of. In the current 21stcentury of our lives we have always had this one very big question that has been supported by some and rejected by some. Is same sex marriage to be made legal? Which is followed by why? And also why not? The question why not has always been heavier than why because people have started to reason with the possibility or the reason why people are kept away from the right to live and love. First of all one needs to understand the very term called humanity which has always been something that walked in our morals of our lives. Question here is, what is stopping us from accepting the very thing that humanity has taught us, acceptance. The people belonging to the LGBT community are human beings just like anyone else, no they are not pedophiles, nor do they don’t spread AIDS, neither is being Gay is not a disease, it is not unnatural, nor are humans the only one that promote homosexuality or live life as a homosexuals then why is it called a social stigma…
To understand the idea of LGBT i.e. same sex marriage one needs to realize that it is not a choice of life, it is something that you have naturally in yourself, one simply can’t wake up one morning and decide “I want to be gay today?” Doesn’t work that way, it is not a piece of cloth you can just wear and remove when you’re bored of it. Being an LGBT is something someone is born with. One needs to start looking at them like they are a set of human beings first that deserve the same kind of life that a straight person enjoys. Discrimination against an LGBT has always been there and sometimes taken very dangerous turns which resulted in suicide and death, which is clearly not a quality of life anyone would want for their fellow dear ones. One also needs to understand that closet is a place where you keep your clothes, not a place where one can hide their identity, the very thing that forms the base of when they are. We are told that we live in a world where acceptance is at each and every corner, so why not this corner, why can’t we simply accept someone for who they are and not compare it to something that has no relation to it what so ever.
Living in a closet is something that is the most suppressing thing one can ever do to oneself or be done to someone because not only have we made it impossible for that person to reject themselves, we have made them feel even more guiltier about themselves being the way they are. When one talks about being gay or being a trans, why do we tend to forget that these are a set of humans that live like you and deserve to be equal to you, then why the human made stigma on the very basic thing of a human, the right to live.
By Amritha Lawrence.