- Father of Green Revolution’s services to nation praised
- KCR condoles demise of MS Swaminathan
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today slashes, check the rates on September 29, 2023
- Vijayawada: Krishna dist junior Rugby teams selected
- Kharge welcomes top BRS leaders into Congress
- Congress unveils six guarantee cards for people
- ‘Sanatana Dharma’ can’t be destroyed by any force Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Vijayawada: Home Minister visits Durga temple
- Devotees rush increases in Tirumala, Lord Venkateswara Swamy to ride on Garuda Vahana today
- Neerukonda: SRM-AP praised for sound research infra facilities
Shoaib slams Misbah, says skipper lacks aggression
Shoaib slams Misbah, Says Skipper Lacks Aggression,About Pakistan's former fast bowler,Shoaib Akhtar. Pakistan's former fast bowler, Shoaib Akhtar has criticised Misbah-ul-Haq saying the present captain lacked innovation and failed to inspire the national team players.
Pakistan's former fast bowler, Shoaib Akhtar has criticised Misbah-ul-Haq saying the present captain lacked innovation and failed to inspire the national team players.
"I am disappointed with Misbah's captaincy, he is not aggressive, innovative, slow to read the situation and not able to inspire the other players," Akhtar said.
The pacer, who retired during the 2011 ODI World Cup and is known for his forthright views, said Pakistan needed a captain like Imran Khan to get out of its current state of affairs.
"Imran was not a better batsman then Misbah but yet on so many occasions he came up the order, scored runs under pressure and won matches for his country," Akhtar told 'Geo News' ahead of the fourth ODI against South Africa.
"I don't see that happening with Misbah. He is scoring runs but what use are they if the team is not winning," he added.
Akhtar said he was disappointed with the way Pakistan have played in the one-day series against South Africa.
"I don't see any move from Misbah to take charge and read the situation well. He is not aggressive and waits for things to happen. He is slow to react and I don't see any planning in the selection," he said.
Pakistan trail the five-match ODI series 1-2.
"The way the batsmen have played so far in this series on pitches that suit them is shameful and I don't know what they are thinking. They need to get out of their shells and be more open chested and attacking. They need to attack more and take charge.
"In the last match we didn't see this body language even though we got a good opening stand."
Former captain Wasim Akram minced no words in stating that Pakistan's chances of winning the series now depended on who won the toss.
"The way we are playing let us pray we win the toss because I don't see ourselves chasing any sort of total even on these pitches."