- Google wants you to map missing roads via Road Mapper globally
- TSRTC introduces 10% discount offer as Dussehra offer
- Hyderabad: Telangana CMO starts WhatsApp channel
- OMG!!! Did you get this sudden pop up on your phone
- 79 TDP leaders gets conditional bail in Angallu violence case
- Hyderabad: Congress tells CEO Vikasraj to put off date; final publication of voter lists
- Bharat Serum Vaccine coming to Hyderabad reflects the huge opportunity, potential and the comprehensive ecosystem that Genome Valley- KTR
- Cauvery water sharing row: Union Minister's response is positive: CM Siddaramaiah
- TDP lashes out at YSRCP govt. over suspension, asks whether assembly is party office
- 3 Idiots fame Akhil Mishra passes away
Kolkata enter semis
In a match with some twists and an orange card flashed, two strong sides Bengaluru 5\'s and Kolkata 5\'s settled for a 1-1 draw in a keenly contested game on the second day of the Goa leg of the Premier Futsal here on Wednesday.
Mapusa : In a match with some twists and an orange card flashed, two strong sides Bengaluru 5's and Kolkata 5's settled for a 1-1 draw in a keenly contested game on the second day of the Goa leg of the Premier Futsal here on Wednesday. With the draw, Kolkata 5's made it to the semifinals. With a reasonable crowd at the Peddem Indoor sports complex, Kolkata were aggressive in the first quarter as they had more possession of the ball.
Their defence too was up to the mark which ensured that Bengaluru players were unable to net the ball. Bengaluru too had their chances, in the quarter, but they missed the goal on some occasions, at times the ball went over the post or on other occasions it was saved by the keeper.
Kolkata got a penalty, after a handball in the D-box by an opponent player, in the seventh minute which was beautifully converted into goal by the experienced Pula, who later became the player of the match, giving his side the lead and the edge over their rivals.
In the second quarter, Bengaluru were more aggressive and their players displayed more effective coordination and passes. But they could not get the equaliser. Kolkata 5's too kept up the pressure but could not extend their lead.
At the half time, the match was in Kolkata's favour with scoreboard reading 1-0. In the third quarter, Bengaluru continued with their aggressive play and came back into the game. The equaliser was scored by Jonathan Piers in the 22nd minute.
Kolkata too counter-attacked but could not add another goal as the scoreline remained 1-1. In the fourth quarter, an orange card was shown to Kolkata goalkeeper Cidao as he pushed the ball outside from the D-box in the 39th minute.
Bengaluru had a chance to go ahead but the attempt was in vain. The two sides earned a point each after the draw. On Tuesday also, Kolkata 5's had drawn with Goa 5's 2-2 at the same venue.