- India to host SCO summit on July 4, to be chaired by Modi
- Hyderabad: 6 held in Hyderabad for exhibiting exotic animals at pub
- APFSL to start 'First Day First Show' concept to watch movies on release day
- Karnataka government hikes DA for employees
- Hyderabad: Massive fire breaks out from timber depot at LB Nagar
- APSEZ Achieves Top Results for FY 2023, Anticipates Strong Growth Ahead - Karan Adani
- Eatala will also join Congress to defeat CM KCR: Jupally Krishna Rao
- KTR wonders why PM & HM are not bothered about wrestlers’ plight
- Telangana Congress slams Modi government’s 9 year long rule
- Khaap leaders take medals away from wrestlers, agitation to continue
India U 19s emulate seniors to lift Asia Cup
Delhi boys Ayush Badoni and Harsh Tyagi played starring roles to help India lift the Under19 Asia Cup title after defeating Sri Lanka by a massive 144 runs here on Sunday
Mirpur: Delhi boys Ayush Badoni and Harsh Tyagi played starring roles to help India lift the Under-19 Asia Cup title after defeating Sri Lanka by a massive 144 runs here on Sunday.
The juniors thus emulated the Rohit Sharma-led senior national team that beat Bangladesh in a closely fought final in Dubai last month.
Clinical India outplayed Sri Lanka in all departments by first scoring an imposing 303 for six at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium after skipper Prabh Simran Singh won the toss and elected to bat.
All the Indian batsmen contributed with openers Yashasvi Jaiswal (85 off 113 balls) and Anuj Rawat (57 off 79 balls) creating a solid foundation with 121-run stand.
However, the highlight of the Indian innings was Badoni's blistering unbeaten knock of 52 off 28 balls, which included five sixes and two fours.
Along with skipper Prabh Simran (65 no off 37 balls), Badoni added 110 runs in 9.1 overs to literally bat Sri Lanka out of the match.
The island nation were never in the chase as they were all out for 160 in 38.4 overs losing wickets at regular intervals with left-arm spinner Harsh Tyagi's registering brilliant figures of 6 for 38 in 10 overs.