- Shah Rukh Khan Wins Best Actor at Dadasaheb Phalke IFF Awards 2024: Full Winners List
- Hindupur YSRCP incharge Deepika participates in Volunteer Vandanam
- TDP Eluru district coordinator Incharge Baddeti Chanti alleges of atrocities on Dalits
- Healthcare became more accessible for North-East region in last 10 yrs: Union Minister
- Zee Entertainment denies report of fund diversion
- SC decision on Wildflower Hall safeguards interests: Himachal CM
- Airtel with Ericsson demonstrates mmWave 5G functionality on its network
- Around 1,500 dance students perform Kathak in Khajuraho to set Guinness World Record
- India’s FY2024 Q3 GDP growth at 6 per cent: ICRA
- Vanangaan Teaser: Arun Vijay Dominates Bala's Gritty Universe
Alvarez defeats Fielding, wins third world boxing title
Mexican boxer Saul Alvarez was crowned the new World Boxing Association super middleweight world champion after he defeated Englishman Rocky Fielding in a knockout in the third round at Madison Square Garden here
New York, Dec 16: Mexican boxer Saul Alvarez was crowned the new World Boxing Association super middleweight world champion after he defeated Englishman Rocky Fielding in a knockout in the third round at Madison Square Garden here.
Alvarez focused his attacks almost exclusively on Fielding's body, and scored four knockdowns in all, amid loud cheers from the pro-Mexican crowd of over 20,000, reports Efe.
Alvarez's last win was also against another English boxer Liam Smith in September 2016. The 28-year-old now has 51-1-2 with 35 KOs.
Fielding, 31, who suffered a second loss in his professional career, has a 27-2 record, including 15 wins by knockout.
Despite the win, Alvarez is expected to return to the middleweight where he holds the titles of the World Boxing Council and the WBA that he is set to defend in May when a rival is chosen by his team.
With this win, Alvarez becomes the tenth Mexican to win three world titles in three different weight categories.