ZTE ready to launch cheaper smartwatches by next year.
ZTE Ready To Launch Cheaper Smartwatches By Next Year. The Report Said That The Yet Officially Unnamed ZTE Sartwatch Will Only Be Compatible With Its Own Smartphones
Washington: Chinese smartphone maker ZTE Corp. is reportedly set to launch its own range of smart watches early next year, apparently in a bid to manufacture cheaper alternative to Samsung's Galaxy Gear.
The Shenzhen-based company's handset marketing strategy head Lu Qianhao said that the ZTE smart watch would offer technological features that are similar to existing products such as the Galaxy Gear, but will sell for lower prices to appeal to China's cost-conscious consumers.
According to AllThingsD, Lu said that the ZTE will first sell its smart watch only in China, but it wants to gradually enter the US and European markets later.
The report said that the yet officially unnamed ZTEsmartwatch will only be compatible with its own smartphones, but the company might consider releasing other smatwatches in the future that will work with Android smartphones from other brands.
Lu further revealed that the company is also considering other possibilities in wearable computing, such as smart glasses and smartphone-connected shoes for healthcare purposes, the report added.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard