Microsoft to bring Xbox Live service to Android
Microsoft To Bring Xbox Live Service To Android
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly announced plans to bring its Xbox Live service to iOS and Android games, allowing for cross-functionality of the popular social gaming service.
The Microsoft Xbox Live hub had been restricted to Xbox consoles and Windows Phones until now, but the new plans would see it soon on iPhonesand Android handsets.
According to Cnet, in a recent Microsoft job listing, the company hinted that they would create a modern framework that is open-source, lightweight, extensible and scalable across various platforms including Windows Store, Windows Phone, iOS, and Android.
Microsoft later acknowledged the plans as part of a larger effort to use Xbox Live to reinvigorate social gaming on mobile, which is currently hampered by locked-in, platform-specific networks like Apple's Game Center.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students